Most people don’t realize that more chemicals enter our body through skin absorption and breathe in chlorine gas while showering than they do from drinking water.
“The studies found risks among chlorinated-water drinkers to be from 13 percent to 93 percent higher for rectal cancer and around 53 percent higher for colon and bladder cancer.”
(according to The Washington Post)
Despite its disinfectant properties, chlorine may have harmful effects on our health, especially in the long-term.
Why is bathing in chlorinated water so bad?
- A warm bath opens the skin’s pores and allows for easier absorption of chlorine and other chemicals.
- The steam we breathe while bathing can contain up to 20 times the level of chlorine and other chemicals than tap water.
- Inhalation of chlorine and chemical vapors is a suspected cause of tightness in chest and asthma in children.
- Chlorine attacks the skin’s natural moisture barrier and dries the skin out.
- Chlorinated water can also irritate the eyes, leaving them red, itchy and burning.
As we become more aware of the health risks associated with chlorine in our water supply, more people every day are turning to water filters to provide them with clean drinking and shower water.
Bath Filtered Shower Heads greatly reduce the symptoms associated with chlorine inhalation and irritation by removing more than 90% of chlorine found in the water.
So the next time you decide to have a long, relaxing soak in the bath, simply use a shower filter and make your bath experience fun, relaxing and safe again for the whole family.
(Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/71857)